Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blog Hop Time-Works in Progress


1. WHAT IS THE WORKING TITLE OF YOUR BOOK? Blood Alert
2. WHERE DID THE IDEA COME FROM FOR YOUR BOOK? A spin off from a novel set to publish before the end of the year called Incoming Alert.
3. WHAT GENRE DOES YOUR BOOK FALL UNDER? Science fiction-adventure-young adult with adult themes.
4. WHICH ACTORS WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY YOUR CHARACTERS IN A MOVIE RENDITION? No clue.
5. WHAT IS THE ONE-SENTENCE SYNOPSIS OF YOUR BOOK? I leave the head banging details until after the novel’s written.
6. WILL YOUR BOOK BE SELF-PUBLISHED OR REPRESENTED BY AN AGENCY? I think inde for this one.
7. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO WRITE THE FIRST DRAFT OF YOUR MANUSCRIPT? I’m only 30K into it, and took a break to write another in submission at one of my publishers for a new series they’re working on. It could take me until next year to finish first draft of Blood Alert.
8. WHAT OTHER BOOKS WOULD YOU COMPARE THIS STORY TO WITHIN YOUR GENRE? Good question. I’m not sure there is a comparison.
9. WHO OR WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO WRITE THIS BOOK? My mom. Four kids close in age making road trips difficult (we sang 'Rubber Ducky, you’re the One' nonstop for two states on the way from NY to FL), she told us about this six inch man that only good kids could see. I tried, so hard, and after a few years concluded that despite not hitting my brothers, keeping my mouth shut and all that, I was doomed to hell fires (yes, raised on guilt as a Catholic) and I'd never catch sight of the little guy who popped in and out of nowhere. I was quite pissed at seven/eight years old when big sis and dad said Santa wasn’t real. That’s when I stopped believing anything adults told me without science based proof, but I never forgot that guy I wanted to see so badly.
10. WHAT ELSE ABOUT YOUR BOOK MIGHT PIQUE THE READER’S INTEREST?
It’ll be a read they most likely won’t forget. There’s also a loose tie in to a sci-fi series that’s already released. Please message if you’d like a PDF file of Splintered Energy, book one in the color series, to see what a mind who really wanted to believe in little men, Santa, Easter Bunny, God, and so forth but got disillusioned, can come up with. arleneann1@gmail.com
And!! Make sure you check out some fantastic authors by linking back or going to my awesome crit partner's site. Be warned. There will be Puddles to splash around in.
Barbara Elsborg




2 comments:

Barbara Elsborg said...

I can't wait to read this one!!

Fred said...

Great title.