For the hell of it, some time ago I copied from a sitcom where a guy had a line in a movie and kept trying to say it different ways. I used it to show character individuality. I’d misfiled the exercise and while searching for a synopsis, I came across it. Despite being awhile since I’ve been in colorful heads, I had no doubt which character spoke. When writing a large cast, it isn’t easy making each voice stand out and every detail helps. Even something as simple as having one use Christ and another Oh God when swearing. Now that I dont have a clue what to blog about, I figure I might as well show what writers do for fun.
1) “Christ. These pretzels are making me thirsty.”
2) “Geez, these pretzels are making me thirsty.”
3) “Oh God, these pretzels are making me thirsty.”
4) “These pretzels are making thirsty. Cool. Can I have more? You want some? Is it…”
5) “Damn pretzels. Give me water.”
6) “Pretzels are fun, making me thirsty.”
7) “I don’t care pretzels are making me thirsty.”
8) “The sodium chloride scattered on these pretzels binds the water molecule, making me thirsty.”
9) “I’m frightened that these pretzels are making me thirsty.”
Ans: Bryan, Aaron, Jaylynn, Evan, Damon, Caream, Narci, Mal and Jade.