Thursday, January 26, 2012

Liebster blog award!

Seriously, how cool is this!

I must thank the wonderful author Chrystalla Thoma for awarding me the Liebster Blog Award. Unlike me, Chrys isn’t a native speaker of English. She hails from the island of Cyprus, and writes amazing novels but she also has a talent in art, creating some of her own book covers.  Check out her books on Amazon and MuseitUp (and check out her website for many more publications!)
The Liebster Blog Award originated in Germany. Liebster means dearest or beloved, and Liebe is love.
In accepting the Liebster Blog Award, I agreed to:
*Thank the person who gave them the award and link back to that person’s blog
*Copy and paste the award to my blog
*Reveal the 5 blogs I’ve chosen to award in turn and then commenting on their blog to break the news.
I know my awesome friends-authors-bloggers are aware they’ll suffer consequence, be bombarded by things like tumbling puppies, Julia Andrews singing on  a mountain, kittens rolling in yarn, instead of brilliant plot twists for their work in progress if they in turn don’t pay it forward or accept  and  then pass on this prestigious award to bloggers they’d like to honor.
My blog winners are all fellow writers, renowned or on the brink of being so.
Check out their blogs and you’ll know why I chose them – for their wit, talent, wonderful stories and most of all, their loving ability to become a most cherished friend. 

Thanks again to Chrys for including me in this fun blog tour.


4 comments:

Fred said...

I sometimes wonder if you realize how much your wit and spark mean to someone who's never finished a damn thing in his life, but I never take friends for granted. I've spoken for years, maybe ten or twenty, to people on line on ten or twenty forums, and you're the first person out of thise I ever considered a friend. Not just a friend over the enther, but a real live friend I've never met. That takes a gift to pierce the thick skin of a hermit like me. You must be someone truly special.

I don't care if I never finish a book, my life has been made a thousand times better simply for knowing you. Your words are a marvel and your thoughts are sheer beauty.

p.s. Is he third book done yet?

Barbara Elsborg said...

Did I detect just a tiny hint of sarcasm there, Fred???
I thought I was your friend. Going off to slit wrists now. Sob......

Fred said...

No sarcasm, but I think the rum made me a little gushy. And yes, you're my friend as well. I really should stay away from the internet when I get drunk.

Arlene said...

Not gushy, Fred, just a real sweetheart. I very much hope I get to meet you someday in person, but until then keep tipping that whiskey glass and punching at the keys knowing you have faithful cyber-friends anxious to have Mind Walkers (or whatever the title has morphed into) out there.
Both you and Barb are great canidates for killing a chain blog-thingee in its tracks. Otherwise, make sure you grab a copy of the badge and post your five victims on your blogs.