Saturday, December 22, 2012
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Wow. Over 45 authors giving away stuff. As you hop from blog to blog, think about a guy named Harey who has an incredible hopper for a friend.
Thank you!! for particpating. Do leave a comment with your email address because someone picked at random will win a copy of Harey, or any story from my decadent list if Harey is already on your ereader.
Here's the list to continue:
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
It's fascinating for me, who can barely manage to make a realistic stick figure, how a handful of babble from me to someone with talent starts the process of bringing a picture to life. Artists are so amazing. A blank canvas and then--wow. I can't wait for the finished cover. I picked number one to pour some blood, sweat and color into.
Science fiction adventure.
The canvas created by Francisco Etchart coming soon.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Maura knows Gareth is no angel, but she adores him with a passion that time and loneliness cannot dent. When he rides in carrying an injured lad who fears her on sight, she is drawn to open her heart to the abused orphan as well.
Gareth is caught between his liege lord and brother’s fist, and an emotional dilemma that grows harder and harder to deny with every passing season. If he must defy man and gods in order to embrace his heart’s desires, so be it.
When the clash of old and new religions puts lives in peril, ultimate sacrifice bears witness to enduring love. Winter gives way to spring, and the evolution of a colorful myth spreads across the land.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
WHAT IS THE WORKING TITLE OF YOUR BOOK? Blood Alert
2. WHERE DID THE IDEA COME FROM FOR YOUR BOOK? A spin off from a novel set to publish before the end of the year called Incoming Alert.
3. WHAT GENRE DOES YOUR BOOK FALL UNDER? Science fiction-adventure-young adult with adult themes.
4. WHICH ACTORS WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY YOUR CHARACTERS IN A MOVIE RENDITION? No clue.
5. WHAT IS THE ONE-SENTENCE SYNOPSIS OF YOUR BOOK? I leave the head banging details until after the novel’s written.
6. WILL YOUR BOOK BE SELF-PUBLISHED OR REPRESENTED BY AN AGENCY? I think inde for this one.
7. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO WRITE THE FIRST DRAFT OF YOUR MANUSCRIPT? I’m only 30K into it, and took a break to write another in submission at one of my publishers for a new series they’re working on. It could take me until next year to finish first draft of Blood Alert.
8. WHAT OTHER BOOKS WOULD YOU COMPARE THIS STORY TO WITHIN YOUR GENRE? Good question. I’m not sure there is a comparison.
9. WHO OR WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO WRITE THIS BOOK? My mom. Four kids close in age making road trips difficult (we sang 'Rubber Ducky, you’re the One' nonstop for two states on the way from NY to FL), she told us about this six inch man that only good kids could see. I tried, so hard, and after a few years concluded that despite not hitting my brothers, keeping my mouth shut and all that, I was doomed to hell fires (yes, raised on guilt as a Catholic) and I'd never catch sight of the little guy who popped in and out of nowhere. I was quite pissed at seven/eight years old when big sis and dad said Santa wasn’t real. That’s when I stopped believing anything adults told me without science based proof, but I never forgot that guy I wanted to see so badly.
10. WHAT ELSE ABOUT YOUR BOOK MIGHT PIQUE THE READER’S INTEREST?
It’ll be a read they most likely won’t forget. There’s also a loose tie in to a sci-fi series that’s already released. Please message if you’d like a PDF file of Splintered Energy, book one in the color series, to see what a mind who really wanted to believe in little men, Santa, Easter Bunny, God, and so forth but got disillusioned, can come up with. firstname.lastname@example.org
And!! Make sure you check out some fantastic authors by linking back or going to my awesome crit partner's site. Be warned. There will be Puddles to splash around in.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
1) “Christ. These pretzels are making me thirsty.”
2) “Geez, these pretzels are making me thirsty.”
3) “Oh God, these pretzels are making me thirsty.”
4) “These pretzels are making thirsty. Cool. Can I have more? You want some? Is it…”
5) “Damn pretzels. Give me water.”
6) “Pretzels are fun, making me thirsty.”
7) “I don’t care pretzels are making me thirsty.”
8) “The sodium chloride scattered on these pretzels binds the water molecule, making me thirsty.”
9) “I’m frightened that these pretzels are making me thirsty.”
Ans: Bryan, Aaron, Jaylynn, Evan, Damon, Caream, Narci, Mal and Jade.
Friday, July 13, 2012
FYI: There is no reason for this blog post other than avoiding the WIP and the empty flower cooler.
Monday, July 9, 2012
#1404 - Erykah Wyck's blog - Yvette
Grand Prize #2 - $50 Amazon.com gift certificate
#135 - Kerry Adrienne's blog - Megan @ Riverina Romantics
Grand Prize #3 - Goodies from Coffee Time Romance
#326 - C.R. Moss's blog - Teresa T. Miller
Thank you to everyone who participated, and a huge thank you to Jessica for all her hard work organizing.
Thursday, July 5, 2012
I knew I'd be dammed lucky to get a contract from a popular publisher such as Decadent, let alone trying to get away with stealing from Victor Hugo (Jean Valjean, 24601).
Les Miserables is a musical I could listen to repeadedly. I'm not sure the sound track would be my last request, but if it did happen to be playing I wouldn't object.
Here's aother bit of info that the world should already know: There's 32 participating authors in this 1NS blog hop, and a chance for two grand prizes. A Kindle Touch for 1st, and a 50$ Amazon gift card for second. But forget those prizes, and comment here for a chance to win the best, most fantastic...stop laughing...fine, what I sincerely hope will be a fun read. I'll pick someone at random to gift an e-copy of their choice of my stories with Decadent. Tell me, what would you request for background music while the grin reaper stood over you?
So, short and sweet and to get to the point, it'd be awesome if you didnt wait to see if you won Last Request, but grabbed it now. Decadent Publishing
and then Click Here For Some Amazing Authors and continue the hop.
Arlene Webb, prison number not to be revealed.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Whaaat? Not impressed? Feel as if something's missing? Fine. We'll move on to the good stuff.
Ready to go onward? What a great way to celebrate summer than with some awesome writers!
Please click on the link below and make it so.
LINK TO SFRB and Blog Hop List
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
It seems unreal, and it's been a long and wonderful ride, but today the end to this series is finally published.
I have so many people to thank. Without my fantastic critique partners, especially you, Barbara, this would still be stuck in my head. Of course, maybe better for the world if it had stayed cemeted in a porous brain but (yippee!) too late now.
Monday, May 28, 2012
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Hopefully, by May 31, 2012, the wrap to the Color Series will be out there so I can say it was under a year to publish a tome a decade in the making.
Saturday, May 5, 2012
An end for the colors, a tome a decade on the making.
It's finished, you seven
Now onward for the zillion coats of polish, but hopefully book four is as bright and colorful as a
Thursday, May 3, 2012
I usually open it right away and read as fast as I can, like that's going to change what's been said, stamped on a story with the permanence of the internet something I've written from the heart.
Night Owl Reviews
Author Page Night Owls is one awesome site. They made me an author's page. smile.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Free until Saturday, 4-28
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Here's 7 lines that are 7 lines down from the top of page 77 in a WIP that's taking me a decade to finish.
“Er…he means a green cutie and a sociopath. Oh Lord, Mal, I can barely talk. Your fingers…wow.”
Here's seven victims who'll most likely risk being struck by seven bolts of lighting because they'll ignore me.
D L Jackson
Stacey Joy Netzel