Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gulp. Ashes, coming soon in PRINT

 I'm supposed to be a writer but I find myself at a loss for words. Not good, right? But what's right around the bend seems as unreal as a guy being staked in the Nevada desert to die, close to myrrth scented scrubs. I know the future isn't electric, the present is. The digital age is here, now! Yep, I've come to love my kindle. Yet the jitters in my stomach tell me I will feel like maybe, honest to god, I am a writer, once I hold my first print copy in hand.
Publisher said final formatting is done, Lightning Source is contracted, the press will be clicking, ink splattered to make legible a world that used to be only in my head. How cool, and strange, and wild, is that???

3 comments:

Fred said...

Way to go Arlene, and you ARE a writer, whether you like it or not. There's definitely something magical about holding a book with your name on it and your thoughts inside. Makes you immortal. I recommend sitting down with a glass of wine and reading it.

Cate Masters said...

Very cool Arlene! Yes the print version makes it all more real somehow. Congrats and cheers!

Barbara Elsborg said...

So excited for you, Arlene!!! I can't wait to buy a copy and put you on my bookshelf. Who do you want to be next to? The life of insects? American Psycho? Grant Comes East? or The Great Escape - hey, that would work!