Sunday, March 13, 2011

Don't Argue With a Wolf Trying to Save Your Life. SSS

Carrying a gut-shot man out of the mountains isnt hard for a wolf wearing the body of a man. Getting the guy to understand he should take the wheel to find aid is much more difficult.







“Oh g-g-god, I can’t do this.” Teeth chattering, Jones’s shrunken skin reflected shades of blue.

“You can.” Father slapped Jones’s hands onto the wheel. “Sleep—I bite. Die—I eat.”
###

Father's Embrace is available here:  http://tiny.cc/b7126 

Players for Six Sentence Sunday here:  http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

20 comments:

heatherthurmeier said...

Well that's a tough choice! Great six!

Rebecca Royce said...

WOW! Great lines!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Great 6!

Chrystalla Thoma said...

Poor boy! I'm so sorry for him! I'm dying to read this story!!

D L Jackson said...

Arlene, you know I own this story and truly love it.
Father's Embrace endlessly facinates me with the reverse-werewolf perspective.

Patricia Preston said...

Great snippet. Loved Father

Sarah Grimm said...

Great snippet!

Jessica K said...

Fabulously imaginative. It really makes us wonder what comes next. Great job!

Barbara Elsborg said...

Well I hope everyone who comments buys this book like I did, Arlene. They're missing a treat if not.

Susanna Fraser said...

That one grabs you and makes you want to know more!

Laurie A. Green said...

"Sleep--I bite. Die--I eat."

OMG, such great dialogue! Short and to the point, as only a wolf-turned-human can say it. You have such a brilliant way of showing the hearts and minds of your characters. Awesome, Arlene.

Eleri Stone said...

So blunt. I really like Father in this.

Lucy Felthouse said...

Brilliant six! :)

Jessica Subject said...

Fabulous dialogue in short, concise sentences. Great work!

Cate Masters said...

Loved it! Great incentive to wake up and drive. :)

Laurel Kriegler said...

haha - funny! That wolf has a classic sense of humour; really wicked! :-D

Roseanne Dowell said...

I want to read more

Lisa Fox said...

Wow, that's crazy intense! What great writing!

sassyspeaks said...

now this sounds like something I would want to read - if I can find you again ....

Pippa Jay said...

I like how matter-of-fact he is. Don't dare sleep or die!